Policy Guidelines on Student Requests for Transfer Into the Professional Veterinary Medical Curriculum
Students seeking to transfer into the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
program in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Washington State University
- Submit a letter of intent to transfer to the Director of Admissions
of the College of Veterinary Medicine that includes: a) a well-written
explanation of the student's reason(s) for requesting a transfer; b) an
indication of the semester and year of the curriculum into which the
transfer is requested; and c) the student's State of residence
(preference is given to students from the State of Washington).
- Provide a letter of character and academic reference (including
class rank and overall GPA) from the Associate Dean of the College of
Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires the transfer.
- Provide up to three letters of reference from former instructors who
are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine from
which the student wishes to transfer.
- Provide official copies of all academic transcripts.
- Provide official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores.
- Provide proof of completion of all prerequisite coursework required
by the WSU- CVM.
- Provide a current curriculum vitae.
- Finally, contact the CVM Admissions office to request online access in order to
submit a WSU-CVM supplemental application.
Approval of Transfer Request
The Director of Admissions and/or the Dean of the Veterinary College
[with a recommendation from a member or members of the Admissions Committee]
will decide whether to approve or deny a request to transfer. Under most
circumstances, the decision will be based upon the following factors:
- The existence of an appropriate vacancy.
- The approval of the transfer from the sending school.
- The student's reason(s) for requesting transfer.
- The student’s academic performance.
- The level of support communicated in the letters of reference.
- The student’s citizenship and state residency.
- The satisfaction of all WSU-CVM curricular requirements.
Interested applicants should contact WSU CVM Admissions Office before applying.