The Immunology and Infectious Disease Graduate Student Association (IIDGSA) is an association of the graduate students of the Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health (Allen School) and the Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology (VMP) within the School of Veterinary Medicine at Washington State University.
The IIDGSA was founded to enhance broader interaction among existing graduate students, and to formally welcome and connect new graduate students and provide support in their academic transition.
Statement of Purpose
- To facilitate the welcome and networking of new graduate students as they commence their academic training.
- To provide a platform for friendly social interaction among graduate students of the Department of Veterinary Microbiology & Pathology (VMP), and the Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health (Allen School).
- To make useful information on opportunities and resources available to its members (such as journal clubs, course study groups, etc.)
- To organize events that enrich the graduate experience through teamwork and participation in community service.
- To provide an opportunity for members to develop leadership skills.
- To work in conjunction with the departments to organize scientific events designed to guide students forward in their post-graduate education.
Membership shall consist of regularly enrolled graduate students of the Washington State University department of Veterinary Microbiology & Pathology (VMP) and Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health (Allen School).