Association of Shelter Veterinarians
Mission statement: "As an advocate for the profession of shelter veterinary
medicine, the Association's mission is to advance the practice of shelter
medicine and to further veterinary education and research as it relates to
animals' health in shelters."
Constitution Oct 2006
President: Danielle Patneaude 2012
President-Elect: Erica Dolven-Kolle 2013
Vice President: Siri Vienola 2012
Treasurer: Lindsay VanDelinder 2012
Secretary: Christina White 2012
Advisor: Dr. Matt Mickas
Upcoming for 2010-2011
- Accompany Dr. Mickas and 4th year students on trips to Whitman
County Humane Society to examine animals
- Trip to the new purpose-built shelter in Walla Walla.
- Lecture by Dr. Hancock regarding historical and current health
issues at shelters
- 'Adopt' a dog
program with Behavior
Club- socialize and
train a shelter dog so
s/he can find a forever
- Lecture by Charlie Powell regarding current legal issues in the veterinary
profession, especially those involving homeless animals
- Volunteer for hands on work with Feral Cat Solutions of Moscow.
Volunteers help with wound care, preoperative
preparation, anesthesia, and physicals; 3rd and 4th years may even
be involved in surgeries.
- Assist Whitman County Humane Society with Furball and other
events throughout the year
- Annual HomeAgain microchip clinic
- Annual Dog Wash Fundraiser at the Spring Open House