American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
The purpose of WSU-CVM Holistic Club is to educate and provide
information about ways to compliment conventional veterinary medicine with
alternative therapies. Such therapies include acupuncture, chiropractic,
herbs, massage, homeopathy, healing energy, natural diets, etc. The Holistic
Club provides resources for interested individuals to further their
knowledge and build a network within the holistic veterinary community.
President: Lauren Genow 2014
President Elect: Kimi Ross (2016)
Secretary: Melissa Dulcey (2014)
Treasurer: Gabi Szwajkowska 2014
Public Relations: Aja Senestraro 2014
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Mushtaq Memon
Benefits of Joining the Student Chapter of the American Holistic
Veterinary Medical Association:
- Become a national member of the AHVMA
- Gain access to educational and fun lectures and wet labs
- Learn about the complementary and alternative medical
therapies used by thousands of veterinarians world wide and in
demand by your future clients.
- Expand your mind and your veterinary education
- Free food at each and every club event.
Please visit Redwing Books for a wide selection of books on
holistic health, Examples include:
- Clinical Handbook of Chinese Prepared Medicine by Chun-Han
- Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine by Allen
Schoen & Susan Wynn
- The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care by C. J. Puotinen
- Four Paws, Five Directions: A Guide to Chinese Medicine for
Cats and Dogs by Cheryl Schwartz
- Healing Your Horse: Alternative Therapies edited by M.
- The Holistic Veterinary Handbook by William G. Winter
- Holistic Guide for a Healthy Dog by Wendy Volhard & Kerry L.
- Homeopathic Care for Cats and Dogs by Don Hamilton
- Homeopathic Treatment of Birds by Beryl Chapman
- Natural Food Recipes for Healthy Dogs by Carol Boyle
- Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine by Huisheng Xie
- The Well-Connected Dog: A Guide to Canine Acupressure by A.
Snow and N. Zidonis