The CVM Teaching Academy summer program will continue this summer, but with a twist! This year we will not use a book or journal article, per se, but will instead explore topics that will build your educational instructional "tool kit" and provide you opportunities to take away ideas and projects that you can apply this coming academic year.
The "Teaching Tool Kit" format:
- Mini workshops that faculty, residents, and graduate students can attend to learn about the weekly topic with a specific takeaway that can be applied to your teaching.
- The model for these workshops is that they are active learning sessions, where the topics/ideas will be introduced and then you, the participants, will create and/or integrate this information and begin to produce a product during these mini-workshops.
- Practically, we hope that each session participants will come away with 1 or 2 take-home lessons they might apply to their own teaching.
- Topics will be selected to provide timely, relevant, evidenced based support for educational ideas.
- In 2017, we also hope to address more of the “early career” issues / questions that CVM junior faculty focus groups have raised.
- Not time consuming!!! Just 8 weeks.
This year we will be meeting once a week:
- Every Wednesday from 12:10-1 pm in ADBF 2018 (unless otherwise stated below)
2017 Summer Schedule:
All Discussions will be in ADBF 2018 (unless otherwise posted)