Questions About your Pet's Quality of Life
- Does he/she still enjoy his usual activities?
- Does he/she appear to be in pain?
- What do I think he/she would want at this point? What would I want
if I were in her/his position?
- Do I have the financial and physical resources it may take to
adequately care for him/her as his/her condition declines?
- Will the quality of life through the treatment and beyond be good
enough for the time it afforded? Am I prolonging their life for my pet
or for me?
- Do I have any questions/concerns about euthanasia that may be
preventing me from feeling good about making a decision?
Also see When is it Time to Say Goodbye?