The WSU College of Veterinary Medicine excels in research of benefit to animal and human health and well being. In fiscal year 2006, college faculty conducted more than $12.5 million in competitively funded research, placing it in the top tier of all veterinary schools.
Specialized research areas include food- and water-borne diseases, neurobiology, cardiovascular medicine and physiology, immunology and infectious diseases, and microbial genomics and proteomics.
Our many research programs can be further explored by
visiting the web sites of our departments:
- 2017 CVM Student Summer Research Fellowship Program
- Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST)
- Bears: Grizzly Bear Heart Study
- Equine Infectious Diseases Research Program
- Neuroscience Programs
- Program in Individualized Medicine (PrIMe)
- Taxonomic Database of Monoclonal Antibodies
- Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology Laboratory
- Zoonoses Research