Community & Innovation
The CVM Teaching Academy supports the growth of educators through a multitude of activities and events that promote professional development focused on teaching and learning. This is done by sponsoring educational discussions, workshops, webinars, and summer programs.
Teaching & Learning
Our members are dedicated to improving and developing not only their own educational methods, but strengthening the excellence in teaching throughout the College of Veterinary Medicine and the greater community.
External Peer Review of Teaching promotion packet program – Regional Teaching Academy
Welcome to the Teaching Academy
Our mission is to enhance the educational enterprises of the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine and to improve the professional lives of faculty, staff and students who are engaged in these enterprises.
The Teaching Academy goals are to:
- Create and support a culture of collegiality, collaboration, and open dialogue within the teaching community.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Promote rigor in the College of Veterinary Medicine’s DVM and undergraduate teaching programs.
- Foster and support educational innovative approaches and assessment
- Promote and support educational research, scholarship, and leadership
- Provide mentorship and guidance for graduate students, residents and new faculty members interested in careers in education.
- By promoting scholarship, education leadership, and collaboration, elevate the status of teaching as a career track and provide a substantive means by which teaching-intensive faculty may be promoted.
First of Its Kind
The first of its kind in veterinary medicine, the Teaching Academy was created in July 2010 to continue to foster innovative curriculum at the college. The academy supports faculty dedicated to teaching and learning and brings educators together to help integrate common elements in the curriculum.