Which kind of presentation best suits your needs?
The WSU Raptor Club offers three types of presentations:
- Theater: If we are coming to your location to present to a seated audience, then it is a theater style presentation. This is great for school groups large or small, book clubs, event talks, or any groups that would like to have our birds presented to them in more detail. Please see our travel details below for how far we are able to travel and associated fees.
- On-site Presentation: This is our most popular presentation option. Come to the Stauber Raptor Facility and meet our residents! We ask groups to not exceed 40 people in one presentation as our front room can get a bit crowded otherwise; but we are more than happy to break up large groups into multiple subsequent presentations if needed.
- Booth: This is most commonly selected for when we are asked to present in a fair, festival or symposium, presenting in a lobby to passing guests, or tabling at an event. For this style of presentation, it is preferred if we can be in a corner position away from any entrances for the safety of our handlers and our birds.
To request a presentation
Please email us at email@example.com two weeks prior to your desired presentation request date. In your email, please provide us with the following information:
- Phone number
When & Where
- Name of Group or Event
- Date(s) & Time(s) requested
- Type of Presentation
- How many people are expected to attend and what age group?
- Is it appropriate for the club to sell merchandise at this presentation? (if travelling to you)
- Will a table be provided for us to hold our raptor travel boxes?
- Can you provide us with a microphone? (if needed)
- Will there be available parking for us to load and unload?
Presentation Rate: $40/hour
For presentations six hours or more (of presenting time, travel not included): $30/hour
*Travel Reimbursements: $0.55/mile (only required if we must travel more than 15 miles away from 100 Grimes Way Pullman, WA 99164)
*Note: Only Travel Reimbursements are required for payment. Travel Reimbursements only go to our club members who drive to the event. All other donations are recommended because we depend on donations to keep our club alive. However, we can still do presentations for groups who cannot afford to donate dependent upon handler availability. We volunteer our time to care for these injured birds of prey, and all donations go directly to their care. And of course, you may donate more than what we ask. All donations are welcome!
Please make checks out to “WSU Raptor Club”, we can also accept cash but do not accept cards.
How far will we travel?
We offer our presentations to groups throughout Eastern Washington and in surrounding states. How far our club will travel depends on the amount of time we would spend educating. We are often willing to travel if the amount of time spent traveling is equal to, or less than, the amount of time spent presenting our birds. If the presentation is two hours away, we would need to be presenting for at least two hours, ideally more.
The club usually does not travel farther than three hours, one-way, from 100 Grimes Way in Pullman, WA 99164. Presentations in the three to four hour range are still taken under consideration though and we may travel for larger events, or if we would be educating for an entire day.